The GCNA’s Sustainable Development Leadership Group (SDLG) has been established with the support of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), to provide a platform for Australian businesses and other key stakeholders to engage in learning, dialogue and action around sustainable development and the Sustainable Development Goals.
The SDLG activities aim to:
- engage Australian businesses in the dialogue around, and build their understanding of their role in, sustainable development and the Sustainable Development Goals;
- explore the business case and value drivers of sustainable development, and how business can contribute;
- highlight how leading Australian businesses are already contributing to sustainable development domestically and internationally;
- build the capacity of Australian businesses to operate more effectively and responsibly in international development contexts;
- build the capacity of business and stakeholders (including government and NGOs) to partner effectively for impact; and
- promote the Australian Government’s new aid policy within the Australian business community and highlight opportunities for engagement.
Find out about upcoming Sustainable Development Leadership Group activities on our Events page.
SDLG Steering Committee
The SDLG and its activities are coordinated by the SDLG Steering Committee:
- Megan Christensen, Group Manager Corporate Sustainability, Oil Search, Director, GCNA (Chair)
- Simon Cramp, Director – Private Sector Development, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- James Ensor, Group Social Policy Lead, BHP Billiton
- Catherine Hunter, Head of Corporate Citizenship, KPMG and Director and Chair, GCNA
- Larry Jackson, CEO, Paper Force (APP)
- Unjela Kaleem, Public Affairs Manager, Nestle
- Fiona Lawrie, Sustainability Manager, Wesfarmers
- Jane Nash, Head of Corporate Sustainability and Financial Inclusion, ANZ Bank
- Sam Mostyn, Non-Executive Director and President, Australian Council for International Development
- Michael Parks, General Manager, Governance, Integration and Reporting, Telstra
- Lucy Roberts, General Manager Sustainable Development, Glencore
- Jelina Taylor, Responsible Business Manager, Intrepid Travel
- Alice Cope, Executive Manager, GCNA.
For more information or to get involved, contact us.