Over the past decade, an increasing focus has been given to the impacts of business – both positive and negative – on human rights. The GCNA’s Human Rights Leadership Group for Business (HRLG) was launched in 2010 to provide an informal forum for joint learning and best practice sharing, aimed at building the capacity of Australian businesses to understand and manage their human rights-related challenges and opportunities.
The HRLG draws on the skills and knowledge of expert advisors, Government and business stakeholders to deliver forums and workshops that provide practical learning opportunities, and keep participants up-to-date on key domestic and international developments in the business and human rights space.
You can find out about upcoming Human Rights Leadership Group activities on our Events page.
HRLG Steering Committee
The HRLG and its activities are coordinated by the HRLG Steering Committee:
- Vanessa Zimmerman, Group Advisor Human Rights, Rio Tinto and Director, GCNA (Chair)
- Richard Boele, Partner, KPMG Banarra
- Adam Carrel, Partner, EY
- Helen Maisano, Director, Community, Optus
- Laura McManus, Responsible Sourcing Manager, Woolworths
- Susan Mizrahi, Head of Corporate Responsibility, Australia Post
- Ben Walker, Head of Sustainable Development, ANZ Bank
For more information or to get involved, contact us.