Thursday, 28 February 2019
2:00pm – 3:00pm
The Global Compact Network Australia invites you to join us for our annual webinar providing an overview of anti-bribery and corruption policies and the compliance programs that underpin them.
There are numerous trends in anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) for Australian businesses to watch out for in 2019, all of which are likely to lead to increased reporting of alleged corrupt conduct and greater enforcement activity. The main trends for 2019 include:
- A new absolute liability offence for corporates of ‘failure to prevent bribery of foreign public officials’ under the Crimes Legislation Amendment (Combatting Corporate Crime) Bill 2017 (Cth) (Bill);
- Increased levels of cooperation and self-reporting of potential bribery and corruption incidents by companies;
- Greater enforcement activity by the AFP, CDPP, ASIC and AUSTRAC;
- Increased focus from Australian and overseas authorities on culture and compliance practices and frameworks; and
- Technology playing an enhanced role in ABC risk management, compliance and enforcement.
This webinar is a ‘101’ session and will provide an overview of anti-bribery and corruption policies and the compliance programs that underpin them. The discussion will cover:
- The importance of anti-bribery and corruption policies
- The basic features of an anti-bribery and corruption policy
- Key elements and core components of effective compliance programs
- The impact of the proposed amendments to Australia’s bribery laws on policies and compliance programs
Panellists and registration details to be provided shortly