Tuesday, 21 July 2015
11:00am – 12:15pm
CDP, WWF Australia and the Global Compact Network Australia invite you to join our practical webinar on how to set science-based targets in your company.
Companies around the world are raising their ambitions around target-setting to ensure their long-term sustainability and profitability, driving bolder business action. To meet the challenges that climate change presents, the world’s leading climate scientists and governments agree that it is essential to limit the increase in global average temperature to below 2°C. Science- based targets allow companies to work toward this goal by aligning corporate carbon reductions with the global carbon budget.
This webinar will:
- Highlight the benefits for companies in aligning their climate strategies with science-based targets;
- Introduce the Science Based Targets initiative and how it fits in the Australian context;
- Provide an overview of the science-based target setting tools and resources developed by the Science Based Targets initiative;
- Provide an overview of target setting methods available and a walk-through one of these methods: the Sectoral Decarbonization Approach (SDA);
- Introduce the SDA online tool to show how your company can calculate its science-based targets; and
- Describe how companies can commit to setting a science-based target.
Participants will hear from international experts involved in developing the initiative and tools, and will have an opportunity to ask questions about practical implementation.
For more information, including the agenda, download the invitation here