Thursday, 11 February 2016
12:00pm – 1:00pm
Momentum in the business and human rights agenda continues to build, and growing pressure is being put on businesses to know and show that they are respecting and human rights. This webinar examined current business and human rights trends, continuing challenges and what the developing landscape means for businesses operating both in Australia and offshore.
We were delighted to be joined by John Ruggie – former UN Special Representative for Business and Human Rights and author of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights – alongside a great line-up of human rights experts and business representatives.
- Ben Walker, Head of Sustainable Development, ANZ Bank
- Bill Anderson, Head of Social and Environmental Affairs, Asia Pacific, Adidas
- Ariel Meyerstein, Vice-President, Labour Affairs, Corporate Responsibility and Corporate Governance, US Council for International Business
- John Ruggie, Berthold Beitz Professor in Human Rights and International Affairs, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, and former UN Special Representative for Business and Human Rights and author of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Vanessa Zimmerman, Group Advisor Human Rights, Rio Tinto and Chair, GCNA Human Rights Leadership Group (Facilitator)
CONTACT Global Compact Network Australia