Thursday, 2 June 2016
3:30pm – 4:30pm
The GCNA invites you to a members-only webinar, which will provide an update on key developments and trends in the corporate sustainability space as well as our 2016 activities to date and plans for the coming months.
We have seen some significant developments across the corporate sustainability and responsibility space – the Australian Government is undertaking national consultations on business and human rights; global momentum around climate change continues to build with Governments signing the Paris Climate Agreement; corruption scandals continue to hit the headlines and there is significant domestic policy discussion around enforcement and ethical culture; and we’re seeing growing engagement with the Sustainable Development Goals.
The GCNA has also had a busy start to 2016 – and we have a number of activities planned for the rest of the year which we’re keen for members to engage in.
The webinar – which was requested by members at our 2015 AGM – will provide an opportunity to hear from the Chair of each GCNA Leadership Group on key developments and trends, as well as GCNA activities and engagement opportunities.
- Catherine Hunter, Head of Corporate Citizenship, KPMG and Director and Chair, GCNA
- Vanessa Zimmerman, Group Human Rights Advisor, Rio Tinto and Chair, GCNA Human Rights Leadership Group
- Megan Christensen, General Manager Stakeholder Engagement and Social Responsibility, Oil Search and Chair, GCNA Sustainable Development Leadership Group
- Rachel Nicolson, Partner, Allens and Chair, GCNA Anti-Corruption Leadership Group, GCNA
- Sasha Courville, Head of Corporate Responsibility Strategy, NAB and Chair, GCNA Environmental Leadership Group
- Alice Cope, Executive Manager, GCNA
Members will also have a chance to provide feedback and suggestions