Wednesday, 6 December 2017
9:30am – 4:00pm
KPMG, Level 36, Tower 2, Collins Square, 727 Collins Street VIC
The Global Compact Network Australia is convening its inaugural Business & Climate Forum to showcase business leadership on climate change, and to inspire and practically equip companies to adopt and/or scale up climate initiatives. The Forum will also provide an update on the developments from the 23rd session of the Conference of the Parties (COP23) to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) (taking place November 2017).
The Forum aims to build the understanding of Australian businesses and stakeholders in relation to the local and global state of play, leading Australian business action on climate change, and opportunities for collaboration and action.
Register now to hear from leaders and experts from a range of companies and other organisations to:
- Better understand the business risks and opportunities associated with climate change
- Build capacity to develop mitigation and adaptation strategies for your business
- Hear examples from leading businesses on individual and collaborative efforts
- Explore scenario modelling and methodologies to aid in strategy development, risk management and customer engagement
- Build understanding around interlinked agendas, including labour market dynamics and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Engage with peers and experts
Speakers include representatives from AGL, ANZ Bank, Aboriginal Carbon Fund, Brisbane Airport, City of Melbourne, The Climate Council, Melbourne Water, National Australia Bank, Qantas, Treasury Wine Estates, Yarra Valley Water, Centre for Policy Development, Climateworks, ACTU, Griffith University, the University of Melbourne and more.
Kindly hosted by